I am delighted to nominate these long-standing members of the Ubuntu community for your consideration in the upcoming Community Council election.
* Phillip Ballew https://launchpad.net/~philipballew
* Walter Lapchynski https://launchpad.net/~wxl
* Marco Ceppi https://launchpad.net/~marcoceppi
* Jose Antonio Rey https://launchpad.net/~jose
* Laura Czajkowskii https://launchpad.net/~czajkowski
* Svetlana Belkin https://launchpad.net/~belkinsa
* Chris Crisafulli https://launchpad.net/~itnet7
* Michael Hall https://launchpad.net/~mhall119
* Scarlett Clark https://launchpad.net/~sgclark
* C de-Avillez https://launchpad.net/~hggdh2
* Daniel Holbach https://launchpad.net/~dholbach
The Community Council is our most thoughtful body, who carry the responsibility of finding common ground between our widely diverse interests. They oversee all membership in the project, recognising those who make substantial and sustained contributions through any number of forums and mechanisms with membership and a voice in the governance of Ubuntu. They delegate in many cases responsibility for governance of pieces of the project to teams who are best qualified to lead in those areas, but they maintain overall responsibility for our discourse and our standards of behaviour.
We have been the great beneficiaries of the work of the outgoing CC, who I would like to thank once again for their tasteful leadership. I was often reminded of the importance of having a team which continues to inspire and lead and build bridges, even under great pressure, and the CC team who conclude their term shortly have set the highest bar for that in my experience. I’m immensely grateful to them and excited to continue working with whomever the community chooses from this list of nominations.
I would encourage you to meet and chat with all of the candidates and choose those who you think are best able to bring teams together; Ubuntu is a locus of collaboration between groups with intensely different opinions, and it is our ability to find a way to share and collaborate with one another that sets us apart. When it gets particularly tricky, the CC are at their most valuable to the project.
Voting details have gone out to all voting members of Ubuntu, thank you for participating in the election!