After six developer summits, many more sprints and countless informal meetings amongst our developers, maybe it’s time to invite our users, customers and partners to the party? Together with O’Reilly we are thrilled to be inviting the WHOLE community, individual and corporate, technical and social, from small businesses and global giants, to join us in our first annual business conference – Ubuntu Live 2007. Planned to mesh well with the schedule for OSCON, there’s now another powerful reason to travel to Portland for the week of July 22!
If you’d like to make a presentation, there’s a call for participation that begs your attention. We’d like to here more about how you are using Ubuntu today and how it fits into your future plans, what’s working well and where we need to invest to smooth things out, what functionality is critical in future releases and what you think is overdone.
Quoting from the announcement today:
“The three-day event will
Yup, Valentines Day.
The initial list of areas of interest include:
- High performance computing
- Ubuntu in small and medium businesses
- Thin client deployments with Ubuntu
- Building Ubuntu derivatives
- Ubuntu in education
- Building Ubuntu-based appliances/products
- Point of sale, mobile, scientific research, banking, and other verticals
- Performance optimization in large enterprise
- Community contributions
- Ubuntu in the NGO/non-profit sector
Looking forward to seeing you there!